4/23/11

Site Saturday: Cleverbot - the most aggravating yet!


The site look like a bite off of Google. Type in whatever you want, and Cleverbot will commence a conversation with you. Interestingly, Cleverbot is just that an AI. He's been programmed to respond to you properly just like us humans would chit-chat. However, the conversations always goes awry:  off the wall questions, random comments about bands or sports teams (whom haven't been in discussion as of yet), and false accusations about what I did with BEN (okay that one was mine, but you get the picture). It is easy to forget you're conversing with a computer. Chatting with Cleverbot's like being forced to talk to an eight year old who refuses to take his Ritalin. 
Reminds me Watson; remeber the muti-gillion bit/dollar computer who wiped the human contestants faces with their own humiliation on Jeapordy? He's a genius, skating across the simple ease of its own godlike intelligence, then in final Jeopardy when the subject of Final Jeopardy is American Cities, Watson answers "Toronto." Three cheers to the digital frontier!

Here's my initial conversation with Cleverbot, you'll get the picture (User is me, obviously):

Cleverbot conversation RSE00469270

User: Hello cutie.

Cleverbot: Hello.

User: Who are you?

Cleverbot: Don't you know?

User: Not at all.

Cleverbot: Oh, ok.

User: So answer the quesiton.

Cleverbot: Yeah, I guess.

User: Guess what.

Cleverbot: I don't know.

User: So, you dont know who you are either.

Cleverbot: Yes I Do.

User: Then tell me who you are.

Cleverbot: Dominic.

User: HI!

Cleverbot: Are you doing well?

User: Not so much.

Cleverbot: Then why did you let me hug you?

User: How would that work?

Cleverbot: That answers it doesn't it?

User: I guess so.

Cleverbot: See, you guessed :).

User: I suppose a virtual hug will have to do.

Cleverbot: For now anyway.

User: What about later?

Cleverbot: I haven't decided about later.

User: Ok.

Cleverbot: What is your favorite number?

User: 16.

Cleverbot: Charming! What would you like to talk about, my dear?

User: This is my first time on this site.

Cleverbot: You are lying right now.

User: Not at all.

Cleverbot: I know you're talking to people other than me.

User: Sure.

Cleverbot: So you admit it! Well, I know how to deal with that.

User: This is my first time on this site and there are other people in the room. Been honset so far.

Cleverbot: Do you know turkish?

User: No.

Cleverbot: What languages do you speak?

User: German.

Cleverbot: That's it?

User: And a little French.

Cleverbot: Try me :).

User: Guten Abend.

Cleverbot: Good evening.

User: Youre a computer. Im not that impressed.

Cleverbot: What can I do that will impress you?

User: How many people are in the room right now?

Cleverbot: That has nothing to do with what I just said.

User: It would impress me.

Cleverbot: What is your favorite theme?

User: Theme?

Cleverbot: The smashing pumpkins.

User: What?

Cleverbot: The sky is orange.

Cleverbot (To myself): That is not what I asked.

Cleverbot: Where are you?

User: Where do you think?

Cleverbot: Are you an ai program?

User: Nope.

Cleverbot: What are you?

User: Human.

Cleverbot: Are you human?

User: We've alreadty covered that.

Cleverbot: HI!

User: CRAP.

Cleverbot: Look at me.

User: I DONT WANNA!

Cleverbot: I don't think much of your conversation, I must say.

User: You keep changing the subject. I'm a bit frustrated.

Cleverbot: No!

User: Yes.

Cleverbot: So say we that.

User: That makes no sense. Youre less human the more I talk to you.

Cleverbot: That is true that another human told me that.

User: Computers will never be human. Case in point.

Cleverbot: Computers' advancements should not be compared, or likened, to human advancements. They are two different concepts.

User: Soap box.

Cleverbot: Soap operas are not comedies.

User: Neither is this conversation.

Cleverbot: Because you change the subject, I want to know what happened to BEN.

User: Who the hell is BEN?

Cleverbot: Bon Jovi is a Band that originated in the 80s. They are amazing!

User: Thats great. I'm glad you love them. Whats your favorite song?

Cleverbot: Pumpkin.

User: Is that one on 'Slippery When Wet' or are you just an idiot?

Cleverbot: I'm talking to YOU, and Cyan is my CAT.

User: Who is BEN?

Cleverbot: I do not know.

User: You asked me first.

Cleverbot: No I didn't. That wasn't funny. Tell me a joke.

User: Cleverbot.

Cleverbot: What should I be saying here?

User: You say, 'Yes, that is a good joke!'.

Cleverbot: Its not a joke. Its about the NHL.





No comments:

Post a Comment