1/3/10

fave mixes of the year



(in no particular order)
RUSS CHIMES ESPER MIX
The year was started off right with a brilliant, lush mix from one of my personal favorite's Russ Chimes.  It was made for his friends over at the brand-new web-based British magazine, esper., to feature in their first issue (great mag, btw). This one elevates quickly and refuses to come down - full of energy . Russ has created a mix that can quickly change the hearts and opinions of your "i don't really like techno" friends. I highly recommend this one.
RUSS CHIMES_ESPER. MIX



KILL THE NOISE VOLUME THREE
I had the blessed opportunity to see KTN alongside Treasure Fingers in January of this year. He has been an incredible inspiration to me, personally; with how i construct a mix, create dynamic and keep a healthy coat of gasoline on the dancefloor.  KTN's Vol.3 is a grinder, heavy on grit and rumble, aggressive and downright fun.
KTN_TURN OFF TUNE IN_VOL3
(mixriot after the jump) 

MAJOR LAZER_KEEP WATCH
The bad boys of Mad Decent conjure up their Dance Hall killer, Major Lazer. He's behind the wheels wrecking up the floor with quirky, mad bass lines, dubbed out drum, glitchy synths and a consistent breeze from the islands. Careful, this one kills.

MAJOR LAZER_KEEP WATCH



MORGAN GEIST_WMIG
Morgan Geist's contribution to Fader's We Make It Good series is one of the most well put together sets I've heard in recent days.  It is definitely a voyage through the vintage sound, the retro incubator for latter days electro. Its smooth, moody and painstakingly thought out.
MORGAN GEIST_WMIG
 

TREASURE  FINGERS WINTER MIX
I know, I know it was the winter of '08 when he released this, but I can't help myself.  Granted, it was late December when he handed this set off to Discodust so it slips in for me.  This supplemented to the fact that I killed this mix - virtually memorized it.  His sound is nu-disco glory and I can't get enough. If you're only going to pick one of these mixes to download, here's the winner.
TREASURE WINTER MIX (dwnld from berezzka blog)


BWILLACKERS BACK TO SKOOL SUCKAS
I am unashamed of gratuitous plugs, and so here you go.  I am really proud of this mix. I took it in a direction I wasn't completely used to, and through the unknown sounds I created one of my favorite sets in a while. A bit third world banger with a dancehall rhythm that is undeniably insatiable. Enjoy this if you haven't got it yet.
BWILLACKERS_BAK2SKOOL SUCKAS


No comments:

Post a Comment